Surrounding Map Area:
600 Glacier Club Drive
Durango, CO 81301
WELCOME TO A LIFE ADVENTURED™
Located in the four corners area of southwestern Colorado, at the foot of the San Juan Mountains, Glacier is just north of the historic city of Durango.
And speaking of incredible, just look at these numbers about Glacier's neighborhood:
- 300 days of sunshine a year with 7,000 feet of elevation to make sure you keep your cool.
- 3 million acres of the San Juan National park to play in.
- 14 mountains over 14,000 feet in the San Juan “Alps”.
- 5,000 known archeological sites including 600 ancient cliff dwellings at Mesa Verde, about 45 minutes away.
- 18 miles east is Vallecito Lake, one of the largest natural bodies of water in Colorado.
- 35-mile long, 15,600-acre Navajo Lake, less than an hour from Durango, offers water skiing, house boating and fabulous fishing.
Durango is home to the Durango-La Plata Airport, a full-service regional airport with more than a dozen daily flights to Denver International Airport, Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, and Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, plus a seasonal flight to Los Angeles International Airport, and connecting flights to more than 300 cities in the United States.
Durango is also easily accessible by car. Several major U.S. and state highways approach the city from every direction, and make up the scenic San Juan Skyway surrounding Durango.
- Moab, UT: 165 miles/3 hours
- Telluride, CO 118 miles/ 2.5 hours
- Grand Junction, CO 168 miles/ 3.5 hours
- Taos, NM 201 miles/ 4 hours
- Albuquerque, NM 220 miles/ 3.5 hours
- Santé Fe, NM 241 miles/4 hours
- Flagstaff, AZ 316 miles/6 hours
- Colorado Springs, CO 319 miles/ 6 hours
- Denver, CO 342 miles/ 6.5 hours
- Salt Lake City, UT 399 miles/ 7 hours
- Phoenix, AZ 461 miles/8 hours
- Amarillo, TX 504 miles/9 hours
- Las Vegas, NV 542 miles/9 hours
- Oklahoma City, OK 753 miles/ 11.5 hours
- Dallas, TX 860 miles/ 13 hours
- Houston, TX 1,054 miles/ 16 hours
For more fun and interesting facts visit: http://www.durango.org/plan-your-trip/faqs